It's taken a few weeks but having designed and manufactured the components for my MK2 bike frame jig I finally got around to assembling it and trying out setting it up.
All the parts went together pretty well however I think I'm going to have to do a bit better with the mounting to the bench - I can see me knocking up a bespoke floor standing structure which I can bolt down to the workshop floor.
|The Mk2 Jig in all of its glory!|
|The headtube mount|
The bottom bracket mount, pictured below, is the datum for the whole jig - everything pivots around this point.
|The bottom bracket mount|
|Chainstay and dropout jig|
All in all the jig took me about 20 hours to make and cost me about £100 - it should tide me over until I can afford to buy a proper one - and will certainly be a whole lot better than the 'expanding' wooden one I used for my first frame.